June 16, 2020 // By Magenic
As the world adapts to remote working conditions, IT organizations must respond in order to maintain the speed in which the release software. Magenic has been delivering quality software for over 25 years and has learned how to cope with numerous challenges along the way. Here are 5 tips to help your delivery teams continue to develop software efficiently.
- Embrace the benefits of Agile – Agile, in its nature, fosters sense of commitment and belonging. By continuing to leverage these practices and tools, you’ll still have the cohesive delivery team as if you were co-located.
- Leverage what you already have – Don’t think that because you’re in a different situation you must introduce tools for the sake of trying something new. See how you can utilize familiar tools even if that means using them differently than in the past.
- Ask for feedback – We’re all in this new environment together. How you’re handling it could be different from others. Make sure you’re asking members of your team what’s working for them – and what isn’t – to make sure it isn’t slowing down efficiency.
- Optimize remote collaboration tools – Think about how you’re going to ask your tools to do things that you may never have before and then practice how you’ll be using them. A lot of remote collaboration tools – Zoom, Teams, Skype, etc. – can be tweaked to work better for your scenario.
- Encourage socialization – We’re living in stressful conditions that can easily erode team chemistry. Try to lighten the mood by having a virtual watercooler area, remote happy hours, or even include games and competitions.
If you'd like to hear more on each of these tips, you can watch our recent webinar below. Ben Ambrosino and Denise Mueffelman, both Principal Project Managers at Magenic, share what they're doing to make sure clients don't slow down despite remote delivery conditions. Watch here: