November 22, 2017 // By Magenic
A Big Four professional services firm with thousands of enterprise clients collaborated with Magenic to design and deploy an interactive digital experience for their enterprise tax clients, one of their largest business segments.
One of the Big Four accounting firms was lagging behind its counterparts from a technology standpoint. They needed to revolutionize how their clients interacted with the tax line of business by providing them a fully digital product. Considering industry disruption and demand for a new level of transparency in engagement management, coupled with demands from the market for a new intuitive Customer Experience, this professional services firm had to innovate.
Given the shifting landscape of the industry, this client needed a flexible delivery model that was able to pivot with the changing business environment and iteratively deliver business value over time.
Magenic deployed a project team to lead the creation of a transformative new tax client experience. The new solution:
- Allows users to access information at any given level – from a high-level overview of the status of all client engagements to down-in-the-weeds individual task statuses.
- Is highly customizable in real-time to accommodate tax reform changes.
- Is designed to be readily adoptable by any additional subservice lines.
- Is SaaS ready, creating a potential new revenue stream for the client.
Magenic was instrumental in not only delivering the new platform, but also helped:
- Implement an iterative development process that led them from a concept stage to obtaining c-level buy-in and rapid delivery of the platform to all North American tax engagement teams.
- Provide transparency and predictability in digital product delivery, something they never had before.
- Mature business stakeholders and IT partners from a “project” to “product” mindset, creating a vision and a living backlog of features with measurable ROI.
This digital asset has become a cornerstone for digital IP within this professional services firm and will continue to evolve as this line of business adapts in the changing marketplace.